Many in business need quick, pick me ups to help from slumping sales to customer service challenges. In this book, Streetwise Business Tips, author Bob Adams realizes your time is precious so he has provided you with 200 ways to get ahead in business through this book. Each tip is on one page and only three to four paragraphs in length. No longer can you say you don’t have time to read and invest in taking your business to that next level. And who doesn’t want to grow their business?
Additionally, Adams has separate these 200 tips into 40 buckets or categories to further help you find a quick tip to an existing or potential issue. Some of these buckets include:
- Cheap Marketing Tricks
- Customer Loyalty
- Time Management
Here are some of my favorite business tips rendered down:
- The Big Secret of Business is that managers and business owners must understand and check is the answer to this question: is the marketing delivering the results?
- How to target your publicity through a compelling story, connect with the media and then follow-up.
- How to add systems and procedures because your time is valuable and others can see the details you cannot see or do not have time to see.
- How to use email for conveying facts not emotions.
- How to communicate through silence via the art of active listening.
- How meetings with purpose matter.
- How to market to existing customers first before looking for new ones.
- How complaints can be used to build business.
- How your time should be prioritized.
- How focus means you are not multitasking.
- How databases are now required more than ever before.
- How to keep direct mail simple.
- How everyone in the company is in sales and not just the sales professionals.v
- How to reduce unnecessary expenses (overhead).
- How relationships are the key to business and sales success.
- How success begins and ends in your mind.
These are just a few of the 200 different “How to Tips” scattered within this small book. Will all of these business tips apply to you or your business probably not? However, I believe at least 50% will and you may find even a few “Ah Ha” ones.