Is your small business falling into a dangerous trap? Follow these small business tips and learn from those who have already made some costly mistakes so you don’t have to!
Small Business Tips:
1. Lead with revenue, not expenses. Don’t spend before you earn. That also means not purchasing every shiny object.
— Hold your purchases accountable for what you planned for them. That means use of the class or product you just bought!
— Hold your expenses accountable for producing promised results. Take action!
2. Be your own guru. All good training is useful. Get a business mentor that can help you. But, stop looking for a know-it-all guru and get going on your 6-month grand goals. This is a huge part in empowering yourself. Knowledge = confidence; Ignorance = fear.
3. Realize this is the new normal. This is the new normal market. Successful marketing today takes dedication, insight, authenticity and action.
4. Follow through and follow up. Any successful business person will tell you that their #1 source of business is repeats and referrals from past clients and centers of influence. If you don’t call them, they will forget about you and your offers of expertise.
5. Live in the present. Make money with your business of the moment instead of focusing on what used to be or might be – be present in the here and now.
6. Don’t be a seminar junkie and a no-action flunkie. You must do both to succeed! It’s not enough to just read about, study, and learn what to do for your marketing and life vision. You also have to take action and DO what you learn, so get out of analysis paralysis and get into action. Get out of your office and network!
7. Know your market stats. How many visitors come to your site each month? How many emails are being opened, or links clicked? What are your clients talking about? These are all essential pieces of information for your strategies and tactics follow through.
8. Understand urgency. Don’t take too long to act on responding to questions and comments. Call leads and prospects back immediately and communicate regularly with existing clients.
9. Think like a business owner. Being debt-free IS free. Know your business and personal overhead and make sure you have a business plan. Know how many clients you need to contact in order to close and achieve your goals.
10. Focus on new lead generation daily. Establish minimum standards for the number of contacts you will make per day and become a well-rounded lead generation machine.
— Will you make 20 calls a day?
— What is your plan to attract a larger list?
— How do you stay in contact?
— How will you earn sales from your relationship building with your client base?
11. It’s not a numbers business, it’s a people-helping business. Our truest purpose is to be of service to others. Focus on what you’re here to give and the income will follow.
12. Don’t be phone-phobic. The answer to growing your business may be: “pick up the phone.” Cold calling and warm calling just take practice on a daily basis.
13. Write out your Passion and Vision. What is your plan/goals to get your life’s dream business and lifestyle?
Only you can make these secret tips work for you – they are only secret, if they are hidden in your business.
I have read that action breeds confidence and courage!
Business Mentor and Coach Donna L. Ward, helps busy entrepreneurs and professionals tap into their power and focus on high return. Using strategies, online and offline, they can create the biggest and best life they want to lead. If you keep doing what you’ve done, you will get more of the same. Let’s create a different future for you!