Recently I was preparing for a strategic business coaching presentation to a group of business owners and senior management staff members. I had been asked by the host to make sure I had a list of ten top business tips to pass along to the attendees. Reflecting back over the past several years, I tried to recall what I would select as ten of those top tips. After remembering some of the most highly successful people I have worked with as a strategic thinking business coach and/or an executive coach, I thought of what they had told me were some of the most impactful tips I had shared with them. Here are the ten top business tips that I recalled as having the biggest impact on past clients.
1. Develop a clearly focused and defined vision statement for your business or organization. This vision statement should be a description of the image of your business that you feel very compelled to achieve.
2. Articulate and teach your business vision throughout your business or organization to inspire others. Commit to integrating and implementing whatever is necessary throughout the company to reach your business vision.
3. Demonstrate your passion for your business vision in all that you do every day in your business.
4. Develop a Strategic Plan and a Strategic Action Plan to reach your business vision.
5. Acknowledge and appreciate your staff, clients, customers, and all your stakeholders on a daily basis. Be generous with your verbal and written expressions of thank you.
6. Consistently over-deliver on what is promised and provide added value to your clients and customers.
7. Develop, adopt and strictly adhere to a code of strong business ethics.
8. Celebrate successes along the way to achieving your business vision.
9. Always observe proper business etiquette and exhibit impeccable business manners.
10. Seek outside advice through mentoring and/or coaching to provide a sounding board and to provide guidance and coaching on some of the tough decisions you will need to make to reach your business vision.
Glenn Ebersole, Jr. is a multi-faceted professional, who is recognized as a visionary, guide and facilitator in the fields of business coaching, marketing, public relations, management, strategic planning and engineering. Glenn is the Founder and Chief Executive of two Lancaster, PA based consulting practices: The Renaissance Group, a creative marketing, public relations, strategic planning and business development consulting firm and J. G. Ebersole Associates, an independent professional engineering, marketing, and management consulting firm. He is a Certified Facilitator and serves as a business coach and a strategic planning facilitator and consultant to a diverse list of clients. Glenn is also the author of a monthly newsletter, “Glenn’s Guiding Lines – Thoughts From Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach” and has published more than 345 articles on business.